Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Referral Call !!!

Monday I left work early to go to Gretta's scouting year end ceremony. Our agency called while  I was on the way (2:57)  to set up a call at 5 to go over the referral of a baby girl born on April 6th 2014...and her birth name was Lynn....which is my middle name.  I couldn't get a hold of Al or anyone else in the family! Thank goodness a friend who has adopted 2 girls was outside school when I pulled up...I needed someone to celebrate with and she was perfect since she has been there! So she screamed in the street with me! We had a call that night and fell in love with her right away.

Our pediatrician was working the night shift that night and was kind enough to review her file immediately . We accepted the next day. The kids are all super excited.

We are now waiting to sign the petition which will be handed into court to secure court date. We hope to find out our court date within the next week....but who knows ;) Our agency says the average time between referral and court is about four weeks total...so I am a packing machine!

We will update this blog when we have any further news and also as we travel. Per agency requirements this blog has to be password-protected. Denise will probably do most of the blogging since Al falls asleep at night when he sits down...hehe.

2 comments:

  1. So incredibly happy for your family!! Can't wait to follow your journey!!
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like a little angel..........so cute.....

    ReplyDelete